? ??????????????What Feelings Sound Like? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??18 Grabs Today. 3060 Tot
al Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Butterfly Notes? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (4 Ratings)??16 Grabs Today. 3124 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instructio CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Homosexuality

From one of my forum posts:

"I realize this is a touchy subject to get into, but i'm going to give it a try and see if i can avoid any shrapnel.

I am not for gay rights, but what I mean by that is that I am not for a government sanctioned bill of gay rights, or for gay marriages. Yes, they are people, but they are people who have chosen a lifestyle which is contrary to God's law.

This is one of those "Love the sinner, hate the sin" situations where we must accept that they have chosen to be gay, and that we cannot force them to change, but rather show them that we will still show them God's love.

Likewise, I don't think that gay people should try to force us to accept them. It only shows that they are insecure in their choice and that if they are accepted as gay, that defines them. It will also push farther away the people who do not accept gays in any way, shape, or form.

I'm also seeing God dragged into this as a horrible, judgemental dictator who will smite you if you step out of line. That is not true at all. Even if you are the most despicable person on earth, who has broken every single one of his commandments, he will still love you. The only problem is, people seem to view Christianity as a one-step fix: "Okay, I accepted Jesus, now I'm set." Also not true, although if you accept Jesus for real, you will go to heaven. Christianity is not just a choice, it is a choice that you make every single day: Whether or not to attempt to live as God wants you too. If you screw up, that's fine, as long as you're sorry for the sin and try not to make the same mistake again. And yet everyone thinks the moment they step out of line, they step out of heaven. Think of it this way: you were born again in Christ. When you are born, can you be unborn?"



Somehow I got from gay rights to a sermon on God, but it felt right at the time and I feel a great sadness whenever I see people with a warped concept of God and his image.

0 comments: